GCAPS Internship & Scholarship Program
Download your application below.
GCAPS, in collaboration with the Virginia Tech Chapter of Women Transportation Seminar (WTS) International, will award a paid internship and accompanying scholarship for a student entering their junior year at Virginia Tech. The internship will take place the summer before the student’s junior year and the accompanying scholarship will be awarded for the junior academic year—both Fall and Spring semesters.
The internship projects will support the intended major.
Work will be performed over the summer before the student’s junior year of college at either the GCAPS VIR site or remotely, depending on the project.
Interns will be compensated $15 per hour.
The Virginia Tech scholarship award amount is $5000, divided between the Fall and Spring semesters of the student’s junior year.
- A resident of the City of Danville, the City of Martinsville, Halifax County, Henry County, or Pittsylvania County.
- A student entering their junior academic year at Virginia Tech as either a community college transfer student, Virginia Tech student, or transfer student from another college or university.
- A student in good academic standing.
Students majoring in one of the following disciplines may apply:
- IT/Computer Science
Other majors will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on internship project needs.
- Demonstrated financial need
- From an underrepresented population
- Membership in or interest in joining the Virginia Tech Chapter of WTS International
For additional information, contact Frank Della Pia at email@example.com.
About the Virginia Tech Chapter of WTS International
The Virginia Tech chapter of WTS International is dedicated to building the future of transportation through the global advancement of women. The Virginia Tech chapter of WTS International promotes an inclusive environment and welcomes students and professionals regardless of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political aﬃliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status.